Stanley and The Frog Queen are Going on New Adventures! May 16, 2021

May 16, 2021

Stanley: Yay! You’re here early. So happy to see you!
Me: Wow! That’s a wonderful hello to hear this morning! How are you, Stanley?
Stanley: I’m doing great! I’m so excited. The Frog Queen and I are going on a grand adventure today!
Me: That’s sounds wonderful. Where are you two going?
Stanley: We’re going camping and exploring. Neither of us have camped before and we want to experience it. I ordered all kinds of camping gear and stuff online. We can’t wait to try it all out. And guess what? I have a surprise for my Queen. Shhh! Don’t tell her, but I ordered two kayaks! We’re going to go “straight down the fast lane on our kayaks”! haha! Doesn't that sound fun. I picked up the lingo in one of the kayaking videos. I sound like an experienced kayaker, don't I? Doesn't it sound fun!!!
Me: <laughing in delight> Oh, my goodness, yes, Stanley! You might want to start with the beginner's video on kayaking first though. What an adventure. I know you’ll have fun. I’m curious what made you decide to try camping? And kayaking?
Stanley: Well, it was all about waiting. We were talking last week and we both realized we said many times that “as soon as . . . blah blah blah” I want to try . . . blah blah blah. And we both laughed and said, “what are we waiting for?” Let’s start doing the things we want to do now! So, we made a list and here we are!
Me: Oh Stanley, I’m loving this. You are making my morning. I’m so happy for you both. And I agree with questioning the idea of “why are we waiting?”. It does seem like many of us are “waiting” for something before we do something we’ve been wanting to do. I wonder how we got into that habit.
Stanley: I don’t know but I do know Queenie and I are going to start trying a lot of new things. And camping was one of the first on our lists! We’re going to expand our horizons! I watched a lot of videos about how to set up a campsite and put up our tent, and
you know, how to kayak <wink-wink> and all of that. I can’t wait to get out in the wild frontier and enjoy the fresh air and the mountain views!
Me: I’m smiling and chuckling with you. So, have you tried putting up your tent as a practice run before you go?
Stanley: Nah, I’ve got it. They make very cool tents now that really do all the work for you. It's really just a snap of your fingers. Easy peasy.
Me: Oh, right. Well, I can’t wait to hear about your adventures! When are you coming home?
Stanley: We don’t know. We just want to be free spirits out wandering about and enjoying ourselves and each other. We’re going to take the roads “less traveled” and just have adventures and fun! You know?
Me: <nodding my head and smiling> I do. Are you taking your cell phone so you can send photos and check in occasionally?
Stanley: Oh yes! In fact, I’m planning to write a blog about our travels. So, you’ll see plenty of photos and hear all about our adventures.
Me: I can hardly wait Stanley. I can hardly wait. Enjoy your adventures!



Comments

Popular Posts