Stanley Starts an Exercise Program January 10, 2021

January 10, 2021

Me: Hi Stanley! Look at you. Have you been exercising?

Stanley: <standing up all proud> Yes, I have! Thanks for noticing. I’m already feeling more svelte and much younger. Can you tell? This is Day 10 for me! See!<shows me the new Fitbit on his arm>

Me: Wow! I am really impressed. You’ve been exercising for 10 days? What kind of exercises are you doing?

Stanley: Mostly cardio workouts. I do them on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Do you know there are several excellent online workouts you can do right in your own living room?

Me: <smiling> I do know that. I have a stretch class that I love. It’s a perfect workout for me.
Stanley: Good for you! I’m glad to hear that! But are you just doing a stretch class? No cardio?
Me: Well, I’ve actually only done one stretch class this year. <grinning> But, I am planning to work it into my schedule on a more regular basis. Probably next week.

Stanley: Uh huh. I certainly hope you do. I don’t think one time is exactly considered an exercise program
.
Me: No. No, it’s not, but we’re only 10 days into the new year and it’s been a bit crazy. I am planning to do it on a regular basis and add cardio and some yoga. I just need to get it on my schedule and follow through. I don’t really want to do it, but I know I need to. I’d rather paint or read.
Stanley: I get what you’re saying, but do you see this body? <stands up and shows me his muscle> Total proof that a regular exercise program really works!

Me: I’m not sure that 10 days is exactly a committed exercise program either, Stanley. I am very proud of you though. You're doing way better than I am. Are you doing anything besides the cardio workouts?

Stanley: Well, yes. Of course, I am. I’m also a runner!

Me: A runner? Wow! You go Stanley! You’re really doing this! I never would have guessed that! Did you just start running this year too?

Stanley: No, I actually became a runner yesterday. I used to be a walker.

Me: Oh, I see. You started running yesterday. I’m guessing you wanted to get more of a workout.
Stanley: Well, sort of. It’s a long story but I’ll try to make it short.

Me: Oh, do tell.

Stanley: You know how I like to impress the ladies? <winking at me> I’m more motivated to walk if I go down by the pond where they are all sunbathing on the rocks. <grins> Once I’m there, I slow down and walk with a saunter, looking all muscular and cool, you know, just in case one of them is looking.

Me: Uh huh.

Stanley: So yesterday, I was hopping really fast down that road on my way to the pond. About halfway there, I heard a really sweet little frog voice call out “Ribbit, ribbit!” I stopped hopping and quickly stood up on my back feet and started “rolling my stroll” you know, acting all cool, so she could get a real good look at me. Then, just as I thought she was going to come out and talk, I heard a big truck barreling down the road. There wasn’t any place for me to go to get out of the way, so I started running as fast as I could.

Me: Oh no! That must have been really scary Stanley, and quite a sight to see. I’m glad you’re okay. And, I’m getting a real visual here. Just curious, did you run all that way on two feet or did you get down on all four so you could jump too? <trying not to laugh>

Stanley: I should have known you’d enjoy this. Yes, I was running for all I was worth on my two back feet. I swear that truck was swerving all over the road and aiming for me. I tried to run in a zig zag fashion. You know how they teach you to run to get away? But that truck was just all over the road.

Me: <laughing out loud> Stanley, it’s no wonder he was swerving! Just think about this from that truck driver’s point of view. He’s looking at a frog running upright, all decked out in a running suit, zig zagging all over the road in front of him???? I bet his eyes were about to pop out. That poor truck driver. This is hilarious. I hope someone got video.

Stanley: hmmmpft



Comments

Popular Posts