Stanley is Learning New Languages November 29, 2020

 November 29, 2020

Sundays on the Porch with Stanley
Me: Good morning Stanley!
Stanley: Hi! Hello! Hola! Nîn hâo! Guten Tag! Olá! Bonjour!
Me: Oh my! Have you been traveling Stanley?
Stanley: I wish! No, I’m doing an online study course to learn to be friendly in multiple languages. This is just a quick example of what I’m learning.
Me: Wow! I’m impressed! How are you planning to use this, besides impressing me?
Stanley: Well, I’m not exactly sure yet, but I think it’s a good idea and a good use of my time right now.
Me: Okay. That sounds like a good plan.
Stanley: And our little backyard borough is becoming quite diversified you know.
Me: Oh. I didn’t know that. And I think it’s quite lovely. I’m happy to hear this although I’d love you to explain a bit more about it please.
Stanley: Well, we’re on the map now you know. We’re a popular place to live. Our bayou borough is listed as one of the top ten best critter places to live in the world!
Me: In the world?? Wow! How did that happen?
Stanley: Well. You know everyone sends out these surveys now and we just got the gang all together here and we all filled them out. Some of us multiple times – depending on how many hands and feet we have.
Me: <shaking my head to grasp this concept> Wow! So, you vote by the number of appendages you have?
Stanley: Yup! Don’t you think that’s a great idea?
Me: Hmm I’m not sure how fair it is? How did you come up with this idea? Was it your idea?
Stanley: No! Not my idea. This idea came out of the International Bugs with Legs Association, the IBWLA. They’ve recently formed a new branch here in our area.
Me: Uh huh. An International Bugs with Legs Association?? Really?? Do we have a lot of bugs with legs here?
Stanley: Sure, we do! You’ve seen them. We have lots of spiders, and centipede families, and there are tons of those cute little roly poly groups around. They like to entertain all of us with their acrobatics. They are actually very funny sometimes.
Me: Uh huh.
Stanley: And some of them are from other countries. So that’s another good reason for me to learn new languages and ways to be friendly to others. I heard a new millipede family is moving in soon. They are from Scotland originally. Isn't that cool? They each have about 750 legs. Amazing, huh?
Me: Wow! Yes. That’s a lot of legs. I hope they don’t have to buy little millipede shoes for all those legs. Ha Ha
Stanley: Are you trying to be funny?
Me: <Laughing out loud. Cracking myself up> lol No. <giggling more> But you know how sometimes a visual just grabs your funny bone and you just laugh and laugh? Can you imagine what a nightmare that would be in a shoe store? <Giggling harder> Just think about it. They could each wear different colors and designs, some with bows and straps. <seriously laughing now>
Stanley: I don’t know how to talk to you anymore. Why would you even think about them in a shoe store? Or even wearing tiny shoes?
Me: I don’t know, but don’t you think it’s a hilarious Idea. <now rolling on the floor laughing out loud tears running down my cheeks>
Stanley: I think you might need to get out more. You might be a little crazy.



Comments

Popular Posts