More Critters of Interest Interviews - The Case of the MIssing Wet Glove October 23, 2020

 October 23, 2020

I’ve been looking for Stanley since yesterday afternoon. We had plans to meet and discuss “The Case of the Missing Wet Glove” around 4pm ET on the deck yesterday.
Wine and charcuterie were ready to enjoy.
Stanley popped in around 4:15 and said he had an interview with Our Lady Angel and had to go. He took the bottle of wine and a big plate full of cheese, crackers, summer sausage, olive assortment and cookies and headed out across the yard. I waited all evening but he never returned.
I found him lounging at the base of Grandfather tree this morning. Hmmmm.
He was quick to hand me his report of the second round of interviews. He feels he’s closer to solving this case, but see what you think. The interview briefs are below each photo.


The Roots at Grandfather Tree. I found Stanley here this morning after he pulled a “disappearing act” yesterday evening. No signs of the wine bottle or the charcuterie plate with cookies. 


Stanley’s Report. Interview with Our Lady Angel 

I asked if she had noticed any monkey business going on lately. She said she sees stuff going on all the time. Although no monkeys anywhere. When questioned specifically about a wet glove she replied that she had heard about how a good quality glove could be re-purposed if you happened to come across one but would offer no further information as to who said it or what she might have seen.


Interview with Mr. G, Chief Garden Gargoyle.
Mr. G said he’d heard word ‘on the paths’ that someone had a hot item they were trying to unload. I asked if he meant a fence? He laughed out loud and said “No, I think it was a smaller item” as they said it could be hidden easily for transfer to a new location.  He didn't know who he heard it from.  He just stated again, it was hearsay from "word on the paths". 



Sophia, the Wise Grandmotherly Squirrel Interview.
“Interesting you should ask me about a wet glove Stanley. Lots of critters seem to be talking about this. What’s the big deal about this glove anyway? Isn’t it just an ordinary garden glove?
Stanley: Well, I’m not actually sure. I do think the finger tips are lined with leather.
Sophia: Well, there you go. Thank explains a lot. And does this glove have 5-fingers, Stanley?
Stanley: Well. Yes. I guess it prolly does.
Sophia: Might I suggest you think about who or what might need a 5-fingered leather tipped glove, and you’ll know who took it and why.
And she hopped off the deck and ran away saying “I’m too busy for this!”


The meditating garden gnomes had no time for conversation. They were meditating. 
All I heard was ssshhh!


Out of desperation I finally climbed up the cousin tree and asked for an audience with Dragon Lady Who Blows With the Wind. My bigger challenge here is she always talks in riddles so she’s not easy to understand.
Dragon Lady said “It’s very interesting to me, that you would climb a tree, only to ask who could it be?
My answer is simple. It’s really quite easy. Your biggest clue is the seeds in the fingers. Who stored the seeds? Follow that lead and you’ll find your glove.”

End of report. I feel like I’m down a rabbit hole here. Hmm. Did I talk to the rabbits yet?

PS: BTW, did you notice your other glove is now also missing?
Uh huh. Uh huh.

Comments

Popular Posts