Stanley's Advice on Meditation August 30, 2020

 August 30, 2020

Sunday’s on the Porch with Stanley
Me: Good morning Stanley
How are you today?
Stanley: I’m very well in a namaste sort of way.
Me: Namaste? Have you been meditating?
Stanley: Yes. The Yogi-Phants have convinced me it’s the way to go. I think they’re on to something.
Me: Oh really? I want to hear about this.
Stanley: Well, it’s actually easy to do. You just have to know how to empty your mind.
Me: Hmm. Not so easy for me. I’ve never been able to do that. My mind just keeps going on and on and on. I have a monkey mind.
Stanley: A monkey mind? What does that mean, exactly?
Me: Well, I don’t know, exactly. But, I think it means my mind never stops. I can’t just empty it. I’ve tried to meditate many times and it doesn’t work for me. The more I try, the more agitated I get and I don’t think that’s how it’s supposed to work.
Stanley: Hmm. No. No, I think you’re right. It’s supposed to help calm and center you.
Me: Were you able to meditate Stanley?
Stanley: Yes. Yes, I was. And the YP’s think I’m doing pretty good. Sigh. I’m feeling very peaceful.
Me: Yay for you Stanley! I’m so happy to hear about this. Do you have any words of wisdom you can share this morning?
Stanley: Not really. Or, maybe just “take three deep breaths and let it out.”
Me: Hmm. Is that what the Yogi-Phants told you to do?
Stanley: Yes. But for you, I’m thinking about that song. You know the one “Who let the dogs out?”
Me: Ah. Yes I do know that song. What’s that have to do with me meditating?
Stanley: Well, for you, maybe sing “Who let the monkeys out?” Hahahahahahaha! lmao



Comments

Popular Posts