The Bayou Boogaloo! September 13, 2020

 September 13, 2020

Sunday’s on the Porch with Stanley
Good morning Stanley! How are you?
Stanley: I’m fine. I’m smiling big!
Me: I can see that! You look like you have something fun planned?
Stanley: Yes! We do. Tonight we’re having our first annual Bayou Boogaloo. We’re all meeting down by the cabin at dusk.
Me: Oh really? It sounds like so much fun! Right out here in the back yard? What do you do at a Bayou Boogaloo?
Stanley: Well, it’s sort of like a talent show. Everyone gets their chance to come on the stage and show us their best and most entertaining talents.
Me: That sounds so awesome! So the birds sing, and, what, the squirrels probably do some sort of acrobatics? Hmm What are you going to do?
Stanley: Well, besides being the emcee, and the executive director this year, I’m also going to sing.
Me: Wow! You’re the emcee and the executive director? That’s a lot of work, isn’t it?
Stanley: Yes it is! But everyone chips in to do their part. And, I’m a great delegator.
Me: Oh. Well that’s good to hear. And, of course you are. What are you going to sing?
Stanley: Have you heard of Hank Williams? I’m going to sing “Jambalaya (On the Bayou)”. You know that one?
Me: Oh, I do! And I love it! How fun! I want to come! Can I?
Stanley: Sure! I was hoping you would want to!
Me: Yay! I’m so excited. What can I bring?
Stanley: Well since you asked. . .
We need refreshments, preferably adult beverages and snacks suitable for everyone, and do you think you could get the leaves raked up in that area? And maybe bring out some more of your beach chairs and get a few logs rolled over for additional seating? I think we’re going to have a big crowd. Oh, and I need a mike I can hook to my lapel if you have one handy.
Me: Hmmmmmmmm
I think I’ve just been “delegatedized“!!! What exactly will you be doing then?
Stanley: Oh me? Well, I’m going to be busy practicing my song and hopefully attracting the attention of that sugar sweet Frog Queen you painted last week. I’m hoping she’ll think I’m one amazingly hot toad with sizzle and want to boogaloo with me ! <wink- wink>
You know what I mean?
Me: Hmmm. I think so. And, I’m not so sure I like how this went down, exactly. <shaking my head>
Stanley: I think it was executed perfectly.
(heading off towards the cabin singing)

"Jambalaya and a craw fish pie and filé gumbo
'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio
Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gayo
Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou!”



Comments

Popular Posts